Father - Love him or hate him he still my father

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2010-06-19/news/27631563_1_coeur-d-alene-gift-givers-single-dad

http://www.holidays.net/father/story.htm

The above links are for us to know the history of Father's Day, both stories have slightly conflicting ends in who signed the declaration for the day to be public holiday in USA. Thing is if its on Sunday (3rd week in June) why it needs to be declared a public holiday at all....
Once again we and people around the world celebrating something started by Mat Sallehs, this time the Americans.
Writing about Father's Day, I had a misfortune of listening to CEO of the nation's speech during the 2010 Thaipusam in Batu Caves when he beamingly declared that the Indians want him to be the "father' of all Indian. (LOL) Whoever the heck said that!!! Also whatever the reason he thinks it’s fit for him to be there during Thaipusam creating more traffic jams and wasting public funds with all those fire cracker shows?!!? Well thats the past! Things have not changed much though!
To all fathers out there why you need a day to celebrate?? In fact it’s not the fathers mostly who want to celebrate father's day knowingly since most of the expenses for whatever his children are buying and doing have to come out from his own pockets!! Right fathers?? Come on, admit it not all the children are working and not all the wives are working! So where the money come from then! Furthermore the 3rd week of June, come on, it’s already nearly end of the month pops! Well there is a reason I didn’t go back to Ipoh this week to be with my family, one is, I just came back to Malacca after holidays and 2nd is of course I sudah pokai..... Well for the CEO of the nation who likes declares himself as a father of all Indians... "Bapak i sudah pokai from the 2nd week of every month babak. The government can do anything or not!"

I like to declare here that I hate my father! Really hated his guts once upon a time! It wasn’t the case 6 or 7 yrs ago! Before that time even though there was feelings of uneasiness whenever I am with him I think the love was there. From the young age we did have our misunderstandings but he being the bread winner he ruled the family with iron fists. He is the king in his own world. He is the sole reason why I run to join sea 20yrs ago. But still he never change. Not until things started to change when I become the sole provider to my family! He started to become slightly silent but still with his arrogant!
One thing about my father he never gives up on us, three boys and a girl. He always stress on us doing good in our studies. Thinking back, with all the financial difficulties and life in estate I think we did okay... For this I will respect the old man forever. He even manages to support my sister for 2 yrs studying in a private college! Well I guess he did what all fathers suppose to do. He could have just gone and ignore us all for all I know but he didn’t.
That’s why for all the things he has done I will keep him in my house and heart, I hate him maybe, but guess for things he has done to make me hate him he has done even more better things for me not to hate him so much and maybe, just maybe still love him a little. Must say my love for him is higher than my love for my mother. Guess I have problems with the old lady also then!!! Hope my siblings and my children wont read this anytime soon....

What has he done for me to hate him so much??? That’s something between me and him. Mind your own business. Thanks for reading.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY guys.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Athu oru Sorgam.

How long???

Happy Tamil New Year (14.04.2011)